Comments

Comment Last activity Moderation
"see the notes on my most recent spectrum " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"thanks Chris! " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"i just tried to post again and it definitely tried to redirect me to a spoof address " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"i guess the queue my notes are getting stuck in is a fraud " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"FWLIW, looking at your pics on my 'notsosmartphone', it appears that you might have had the camera rig a bit too close to the kite. Whether that h..." | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"This is very cool, but hopefully not so cold you get frostbite :) " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"change happens a pixel at a time " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"We added links to the spectra we took. LEDs would be an interesting comparison. I guess the range of the spectrum would all depend on the type of p..." | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"The interferometer effect is spatial so it is temperature related. Because these webcams run well above ambient it might work well enough to let th..." | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"Plastic cuvettes would definitely work depending on what you want to do. We just used quartz because we had them handy and didn't have to search al..." | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"For the spectra we looked at the height of the green peak around 550 nm of a sample of some deionized water for a baseline and then compared the pe..." | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"Hey Kaya - did you get the response from the guy on the main list? He rewrote the code for you... " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"What we have here is a perfect example of what happens when we keep searching for the truth. Every time we think we have it all worked out, we disc..." | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"I am just putting the idea out there. I know that such sources are commonly used in the calibration of photometric instruments because they produce..." | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"what will you use the source for? " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"wow, very cool idea!! " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"it might work to scale the correction after it is created based on the distance from the locus of the individual measurement. " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"I neon sign maker should be able to make this for you. " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"of course i meant to say "it can be done" not "if I can do it" I would be very happy to see someone else do it. " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"Do you have any photos of your setup? I'd love to see what kind of light, sample containers, etc, you used... " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"Hey Kaya, do you have any photos to share yet? " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"I think the reason that the simple correction with a black body source works so well is that it is the worst case. As the measurement moves away fr..." | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"and they didn't have a $10 consumer product with a servo loop speed regulated drive system and a removable wheel that cost almost nothing. You can ..." | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"At this point, the go pro seems cheaper and cheaper " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"Ouch! Sorry to see the salt water camera dive. Have others found 20 mph a bit too high for Deltas. It's been my experience can be. Glad to see it w..." | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"Oh man! I'm sorry to hear about the camera. you're not having the best luck these last few months. next time, tails at the tail end of the kite ;) " | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"Complete Aside-- spinning disks full of holes are how early mechanical television worked too, and Baird demoed 3-disk mechanical color TV in 1928, ..." | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"that was a fun trip! In high winds I've put a tail on my deltas to prevent overflight, especially when I'm reeling in string. The bridle position..." | Read more » almost 6 years ago
"following warren's suggestion, I removed the paper and let the gasket serve as the top to reduce the IR reflection from my black body source. The b..." | Read more » almost 6 years ago